Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Already Pretty

Have you seen this blog? I love the daily outfit posts and the pieces about body image in women. If you haven't checked it out, do. One of the posts you will especially want to check out this one : http://www.alreadypretty.com/2010/09/defining-your-body.html?spref=fb What touched me about it was learning the lesson that NOBODY's body is like mine. And that alone makes it fantastic. That really resounded with me, really said something I needed to hear.

Why is it so hard to tell ourselves what is good about us? Why is it so easy for us to pick apart every individual facet of our bodies? Why do we know what our flaws are but not the things that make us beautiful?

Tell me? What makes you feel good about yourself? How do you stop the immensely depressing voices in your head that are telling you "you're not good enough? you're too ____ or too ____"?

No comments:

Post a Comment